We flew from Cancun to La Habana Cuba which took approximately 1 hour. We flew the airline Interjet which I had always heard was a crappy airline but it was actually great.
Thoughts About Interjet
- Upon arrival to the Cancun airport, they had a separate line for each destination.
- The Cuba line had a lady sitting at a folding table with a laptop who issued Visas for $20 USD on the spot. Super convenient.
- At the counter they check your passport and visa, collect your Mexican visa and then check you in.
- Each person gets one piece of checked baggage each.
- Like Ryanair, they don’t invest in jet bridges. They load everyone onto a shuttle bus and drive them out to a plane on the Tarmac.
- The plane itself was an Airbus 319 with a 2-3 configuration.
- There was ample legroom and I appreciated that I only had to sit next to my Mom with no one in the middle seat.
- They serve free snacks and free alcohol on all flights. The alcohol pour was super generous. I got about 3oz of Jack Daniels and a full bottle of Pepsi.
Thoughts About Cancun Airport
- No working wifi. I paid twice: once by PayPal, once by Credit Card. Didn’t connect.
- It’s weird that they don’t assign a gate to flights until right before it boards. You have to hang out in a common area.
- Food and drinks are expensive. I bought a 300ml can of Tecate and two 500ml bottles of water for M$180 (US$10).